Opinion: She's a star!
EMMA Brown, what a star you are!The 21-year-old UEA student was not prepared to forget what Steve Wright's reign of terror did to her home town and set out to raise money for the Somebody's Daughter appeal set up by The Evening Star and Ipswich council to provide a refuge for young people at risk from the twin evils of drugs and prostitution.
EMMA Brown, what a star you are!
The 21-year-old UEA student was not prepared to forget what Steve Wright's reign of terror did to her home town and set out to raise money for the Somebody's Daughter appeal set up by The Evening Star and Ipswich council to provide a refuge for young people at risk from the twin evils of drugs and prostitution.
So Emma organised a charity auction at her old school which raised £5,000 for the appeal - a fantastic sum.
In doing this Emma has shown herself to be a real heroine, and someone determined not to just pass by on the other side when her home town was enveloped in horror just before Christmas 2006.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks must also be recorded to Ipswich School, which allowed their former pupil to use the its building free of charge for the auction and to auctioneer James Neal who used his skills to push up the amount raised.
But the star of the show was the young student who didn't forget the fear that stalked her home town during the run-up to Christmas 2006 and was not prepared to just turn her back on the issue that made Steve Wright's victims so vulnerable.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
This week everyone has their opportunity to raise some money for the Somebody's Daughter fund by wearing their football shirt to work on Friday.
We may not all be able to do as much as Emma - but every little helps.