Adams hangs on to claims darts title
Martin Adams held off an attempted comeback by Dave Chisnall to claim his second BDO world title with a 7-5 victory in the 2010 Lakeside final.
MARTIN Adams held off an attempted comeback by Dave Chisnall to claim his second BDO world title with a 7-5 victory in the 2010 Lakeside final.
Adams, champion in 2007, stormed into a three-set lead, and was also 4-2 up, but could only look on as Chisnall found his doubles to draw level at 4-4.
Aided by a 170 checkout and a ten-dart finish, Adams again moved clear, only for Chisnall to bring it back to 5-6.
But Adams held his nerve to win through in the 12th and end Chisnall's resolve.
It completed a fantastic tournament for the Peterborough player in his record 17th consecutive appearance at Lakeside, and he can add the coveted BDO title to the World Masters trophy he won in September.
The unseeded Chisnall, though, can hold his head equally high after another brave performance.
- 1 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 2 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 3 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 4 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 5 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
- 9 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 10 Five West End shows coming to Ipswich
The 29-year-old came from behind to see off top seed Tony O'Shea in the semi-finals and also fought back to beat 2009 champion Ted Hankey in the quarters.