Adams hangs on to claims darts title
Martin Adams held off an attempted comeback by Dave Chisnall to claim his second BDO world title with a 7-5 victory in the 2010 Lakeside final.
MARTIN Adams held off an attempted comeback by Dave Chisnall to claim his second BDO world title with a 7-5 victory in the 2010 Lakeside final.
Adams, champion in 2007, stormed into a three-set lead, and was also 4-2 up, but could only look on as Chisnall found his doubles to draw level at 4-4.
Aided by a 170 checkout and a ten-dart finish, Adams again moved clear, only for Chisnall to bring it back to 5-6.
But Adams held his nerve to win through in the 12th and end Chisnall's resolve.
You may also want to watch:
It completed a fantastic tournament for the Peterborough player in his record 17th consecutive appearance at Lakeside, and he can add the coveted BDO title to the World Masters trophy he won in September.
The unseeded Chisnall, though, can hold his head equally high after another brave performance.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
The 29-year-old came from behind to see off top seed Tony O'Shea in the semi-finals and also fought back to beat 2009 champion Ted Hankey in the quarters.