Athletic crash after great start
SIL SOCCER: Woodbridge Athletic 1 Grundisburgh 3. Athletic scored after 30 seconds when Murray crossed for Broom to sidefoot past Brighty and the home side should have taken more advantage of kicking with the strong wind.
Woodbridge Athletic 1 Grundisburgh 3
ATHLETIC scored after 30 seconds when Murray crossed for Broom to sidefoot past Brighty and the home side should have taken more advantage of kicking with the strong wind.
Nunn hit the bar and Broom shot wide when in a good position. Grundisburgh got into the game and on 20 minutes drew level when Beaumont was fouled in the area and Cotton scored the penalty. The same two players linked up again minutes later but Beaumont's shot was blocked by Athletic defence.
Grundisburgh had much more of the play early in the second half gaining four successive corners but Athletic's defence coped well until keeper Dixon failed to hold a Beaumont free-kick on 55 minutes and Bullock powered the rebound in.
You may also want to watch:
Athletic brought on substitute Glencastle and Selby and the home side started to play much better as a team and Lloyd Smith's flick-on from a free-kick brought an excellent one-handed save from Brighty and then Nick Dixon shot wide from 10 yards out when clear on goal.
Whinship was prominent in the second-half and Cotton shot over the bar on two occasions but Beaumont completed Grundisburgh scoring when he shot under Dixon's diving body from Bullock's cross. Dixon palmed Bullock's 20-yard goalbound shot over the bar, but Athletic were unable to get back into the game.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths