Bart signs Blues deal
CHRIS Bart-Williams will sign for Ipswich today and stay at Portman Road until at least the end of the season.The 29-year-old midfielder, who has been on loan at Portman Road for three months, has told manager Joe Royle of his intention to sign on a permanent basis.
CHRIS Bart-Williams will sign for Ipswich today and stay at Portman Road until at least the end of the season.
The 29-year-old midfielder, who has been on loan at Portman Road for three months, has told manager Joe Royle of his intention to sign on a permanent basis.
Royle said: "Chris is willing to sign and I anticipate it happening today, although I still have one or two things to tie up with his agent.
"You never like to say it's done until he has signed the contract, but I think everything will be sorted out today."
Bart-Williams, who has scored twice in 16 appearances on loan from Charlton, had to agree a permanent move or return to The Valley.
The loan agreement expires tomorrow, so the former Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest player will be in the Town line-up at Millwall on Saturday.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 5 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 6 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 9 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
See tonight's Evening Star for full story