Bent joins Foxes on season-long loan
PREMIERSHIP Leicester City today signed Ipswich Town striker Marcus Bent for the rest of the season.Hard-up Town tried to hang out for a permanent deal with no fee.
By Dave Allard
PREMIERSHIP Leicester City today signed Ipswich Town striker Marcus Bent for the rest of the season.
Hard-up Town tried to hang out for a permanent deal with no fee. But with the Premiership transfer window closing at 5pm tonight, the decision was made to accept the loan offer for the former Blackburn and England Under-21 man.
Bent was signed by Ipswich almost two years ago from Ewood Park in a £3million deal. He scored 23 goals in 70 games for the Blues, including in a 1-1 draw with Coventry this season.
Town boss Joe Royle said today: "The money we save on the wage bill by letting Marcus go will allow me to do something in the loan market myself."
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 10 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties