Bent signing confirmed
TOTTENHAM have confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
TOTTENHAM have confirmed the signing of former Ipswich Town striker Darren Bent from Charlton in a £16.5million deal.
Bent's arrival smashes Spurs' transfer record fee of £11million the club paid for Sergei Rebrov.
The 23-year-old said: "Tottenham have a lot of young English players and it's a young squad, it's a squad going forward and that's the direction I wanted to take.
"They seem to be getting better and better every season and I would love to be part of that.
"It helps a lot that I know a few of the lads from England internationals and I'm sure they will help me settle in.
"It's exciting times for me and the club, hopefully I'll show what I can do at Tottenham and we'll go on to win things."
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 3 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk