Bent transfer goes through
MARCUS Bent has completed his transfer from Everton to Charlton, guaranteeing Ipswich Town a cash boost in the process
MARCUS Bent has completed his transfer from Everton to Charlton, guaranteeing Ipswich Town a cash boost in the process.
Town are set to pocket a bonus of £155,000, which could rise to £205,000, after former striker Bent completed his transfer from today.
The fee when Ipswich were forced to cash in on Bent in the summer of 2004 was £450,000 and the club sensibly negotiated a clause that guarantees them ten per cent of any profit made by the Goodison club.
Charlton have agreed to pay an initial £2 million and an extra £500,000 once the 27-year-old forward makes a stipulated number of appearances.
You may also want to watch:
The cash will be paid in instalments as Everton receive stage payments from the Addicks, who already have four ex-Ipswich players - Hermann Hreidarsson, Matt Holland, Darren Ambrose and Darren Bent - in their senior squad.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial