Bergholt suffer minute of madness
SIL SOCCER: East Bergholt 2 Capel Plough 2. In a tight and passionate local derby East Bergholt took the lead within the first minute. From the kick off they won a corner and Hunt saved superbly from Pratt's strong header, seconds later another corner saw Collins head powerfully into his own net.
East Bergholt 2 Capel Plough 2
IN a tight and passionate local derby East Bergholt took the lead within the first minute.
From the kick off they won a corner and Hunt saved superbly from Pratt's strong header, seconds later another corner saw Collins head powerfully into his own net.
Gedny should have scored when bursting through but his shot went just wide.
The second goal was not long in coming when Turner crossed from deep into the penalty area for Mongan to head past the stranded Hunt. As the half came to a close Bucys and Tynan both went close for Capel.
The introduction of Plough's Player Manager John Powell at half time changed the game as his vast experience allowed him to dictate matters in the midfield.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
From this Capel grew in confidence and Powell's header was well saved by Andrews before Bucys went just with a shot after being released by Saker.
On the hour Capel won two penalties in a minute. Firstly Bucys was nudged in an aerial challenge and Powell shot into the top right hand corner of Andrews net.
Tynan then deceived Peck into diving into a challenge and although contact was minimal the referee awarded another spot kick. Powell this time stroking the ball into the bottom left hand corner.
Bergholt then came back into the game strongly with Capel looking to protect their point and play on the break. Turner was released after good play from Gedny and Mongan only to blaze over from a tight angle and two other good chances went the same way as Vernau and Gedny looked for power rather than finesse resulting in both missing the target.
Hunt then came to Capel's rescue with saves from Coles and Turner. The game finished with another good piece of work by Hunt when he plucked Jorgensen's freekick out of the air in a packed goalmouth.
Bergholt will rue the fact that they didn't make the game safe before the minute of madness on the hour and if Capel battle as hard in other matches, relegation will be avoided.