Big milestone for Hadleigh's Archie
LOCAL SOCCER: Last Saturday was a memorable occasion for Hadleigh United skipper Archie Arnold as he celebrated 250 first team appearances for the Jewson League club.
By Elvin King
LAST Saturday was a memorable occasion for Hadleigh United skipper Archie Arnold as he celebrated 250 first team appearances for the Jewson League club.
Arnold was presented with a silver tankard by chairman Rolf Beggerow before leading his side to a 1-0 victory at Needham Market.
It was in the 1995-96 season when Arnold was given a Jewson League debut by then manager Scott Clarke and he made a handful of appearances before moving to BT Research and East Bergholt.
The appointment of Louis Newman as Hadleigh manager at the start of the 1997-98 campaign saw Arnold return to the Millfield where he has remained loyal ever since.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 5 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 8 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 9 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 10 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
Arnold is the second Hadleigh player in the current side to reach 250 games as last season James Rush also reached that landmark.
Hadleigh's midweek win at Cornard put them top of the First Division – before Cambridge City Reserves match against King's Lynn Reserves.