Big milestone for Hadleigh's Archie
LOCAL SOCCER: Last Saturday was a memorable occasion for Hadleigh United skipper Archie Arnold as he celebrated 250 first team appearances for the Jewson League club.
By Elvin King
LAST Saturday was a memorable occasion for Hadleigh United skipper Archie Arnold as he celebrated 250 first team appearances for the Jewson League club.
Arnold was presented with a silver tankard by chairman Rolf Beggerow before leading his side to a 1-0 victory at Needham Market.
You may also want to watch:
It was in the 1995-96 season when Arnold was given a Jewson League debut by then manager Scott Clarke and he made a handful of appearances before moving to BT Research and East Bergholt.
The appointment of Louis Newman as Hadleigh manager at the start of the 1997-98 campaign saw Arnold return to the Millfield where he has remained loyal ever since.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
Arnold is the second Hadleigh player in the current side to reach 250 games as last season James Rush also reached that landmark.
Hadleigh's midweek win at Cornard put them top of the First Division – before Cambridge City Reserves match against King's Lynn Reserves.