Billy the hero for Town
Ipswich Town 2 Southampton 1BILLY Clarke came off the bench to head in the Blues winner as Town came from behind to beat former manager George Burley' Saints.
Ipswich Town 2 Southampton 1
BILLY Clarke came off the bench to head in the Blues winner as Town came from behind to beat former manager George Burley' Saints.
Kenwyne Jones put Southampton ahead after just two minutes and ten seconds and the Hampshire side could have been out of sight in the first 20 minutes but missed chances and a disallowed goal came back to haunt them.
Simon Walton equalised from the penalty spot after Pedro Pele fouled Alan Lee and Clarke crept in at the back post to nod in a Mark Noble free kick to give the Blues their first home win of the campiagn.
Get the Green'Un this weekend and the EADT and Evening Star on Monday for full reaction, quotes and pictures
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 5 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K