Blues do it for Dale
IN TONIGHT'S GREEN 'UNIPSWICH TOWN 3, SHEFFIELD UNITED 2IPSWICH Town produced the sort of performance today that would have made Dale Roberts, the former assistant manager who died this week, really proud.
IN TONIGHT'S GREEN 'UN
IPSWICH TOWN 3, SHEFFIELD UNITED 2
IPSWICH Town produced the sort of performance today that would have made Dale Roberts, the former assistant manager who died this week, really proud.
Throughout the 46 years of his life, Roberts was a battler both on and off the field and the Blues showed such qualities today to come back and achieve a victory over Sheffield United that looked like an impossible dream.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Royle's side had Pablo Counago sent off early on and they went behind just before the interval as Peter Ndlovu scored.
Early in the second-half Dean Windass made it 2-0 – and the writing looked on the wall for Town.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 10 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
Remarkably, the ten men got the better of the 11 of Sheffield in a big way.
Darren Bent got the ball rolling in the 58th minute and Darren Ambrose levelled in the 76th minute.
Darren Bent, who celebrated his 19th birthday on Thursday, made it 3-2 three minutes from the end.
What a remarkable performance it was from an Ipswich side who came back against the odds. They had lost 4-3 at Sheffield United a fortnight ago after coming from 3-0 down to draw level.
This result more than made up for it.
For a full match report, pictures and analysis see tonight's Green 'Un