Blues turn down Gaardsoe bid
IPSWICH Town have today rejected a bid from West Bromwich Albion for Danish central defender Thomas Gaardsoe.Manager Joe Royle confirmed from the Blues Scandinavian tour headquarters in Sweden today: "It was not a bid we sought.
By Dave Allard
IPSWICH Town have today rejected a bid from West Bromwich Albion for Danish central defender Thomas Gaardsoe.
Manager Joe Royle confirmed from the Blues Scandinavian tour headquarters in Sweden today: "It was not a bid we sought. It came out of the blue and it has been turned down."
The fee offered by Town's First Division rivals is believed to be around the £500,000 mark.
You may also want to watch:
But a Town club just out of administration may have to accept an improved offer from Hawthorns chief Gary Megson.
Albion chairman Jeremy Peace today told the Star: "We can confirm we have made an offer for Thomas Gaardsoe. But at the moment we are way apart in terms of the price. Thomas is one of several players in our thoughts for a central defensive place at this club."
- 1 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 4 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 6 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 9 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 10 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
At the start of last season Megson, whose club were relegated from the Premiership in May after just one term in the top flight, had a bid of £3 million accepted by Town for Icelandic defender Hermann Hreidarsson.
Danish Under 21 international Gaardsoe was signed by former Portman Road chief George Burley from Alborg in August, 2001. The fee was £1.1 million. He has made 45 senior appearances with four appearances, scoring seven goals.
Gaardsoe is not on tour due to a ankle injury but revealed yesterday he was confident of maing the stat of the season.