Boss Dale switches Leiston clubs
JEWSON League Leiston Town FC have moved swiftly to appoint a replacement following the resignation of manager Nigel Smith.Dale Threadkell has been appointed first team manager and Chairman Barry Spall informed the players after the first pre-season friendly with Melton St Audry's.
JEWSON League Leiston Town FC have moved swiftly to appoint a replacement following the resignation of manager Nigel Smith.
Dale Threadkell has been appointed first team manager and Chairman Barry Spall informed the players after the first pre-season friendly with Melton St Audry's.
Dale has, up until recently, been manager of neighbours Leiston St Margaret's and is well known at Victory Road after a very successful playing career for Leiston in the 80's.
The chairman said the club was very pleased with Dale's appointment and his knowledge and enthusiasm will cement the club's main aim which is promotion to the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
His first game in charge saw a comprehensive 4-2 victory over Gorleston thanks mainly to a Gavin Jennings hat-trick.
Last Saturday Leiston went down 3-2 to Woodbridge after leading 2-0.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 10 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
Wednesday sees their annual clash with Lowestoft Town. The league opening day fixture is on August 24 at home to Kings Lynn Reserves.