Boss Dale switches Leiston clubs
JEWSON League Leiston Town FC have moved swiftly to appoint a replacement following the resignation of manager Nigel Smith.Dale Threadkell has been appointed first team manager and Chairman Barry Spall informed the players after the first pre-season friendly with Melton St Audry's.
JEWSON League Leiston Town FC have moved swiftly to appoint a replacement following the resignation of manager Nigel Smith.
Dale Threadkell has been appointed first team manager and Chairman Barry Spall informed the players after the first pre-season friendly with Melton St Audry's.
Dale has, up until recently, been manager of neighbours Leiston St Margaret's and is well known at Victory Road after a very successful playing career for Leiston in the 80's.
The chairman said the club was very pleased with Dale's appointment and his knowledge and enthusiasm will cement the club's main aim which is promotion to the Premier Division.
His first game in charge saw a comprehensive 4-2 victory over Gorleston thanks mainly to a Gavin Jennings hat-trick.
Last Saturday Leiston went down 3-2 to Woodbridge after leading 2-0.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 6 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 7 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 8 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 9 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 10 Ipswich Hospital parking costs rise for first time in 10 years
Wednesday sees their annual clash with Lowestoft Town. The league opening day fixture is on August 24 at home to Kings Lynn Reserves.