Bow or Ditch?
SHOULD Dean Bowditch stay or should he go? This is the question polarising thoughts of Ipswich Town supporters this week.Today your Evening Star gives you a chance to have your say - with the poll results published to make Blues decision makers aware of the feelings of the public at large.
By Elvin King
SHOULD Dean Bowditch stay or should he go? This is the question polarising thoughts of Ipswich Town supporters this week.
Today your Evening Star gives you a chance to have your say - with the poll results published to make Blues decision makers aware of the feelings of the public at large.
Should Ipswich take a sizeable fee from the Hammers when the transfer window opens in January for the highly rated 19-year-old to finance the acquisition of other players to strengthen manager Joe Royle's squad?
You may also want to watch:
Or should they continue to nurture the talent of an Academy-produced youngster who many believe has the potential to star in the Premiership?
This question has set Blues fans talking this week as every move that the club makes in these troubled times comes increasingly under the microscope.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
A succession of poor displays on the pitch has seen Town drop into the bottom half of the Championship, and increase the number of calls for chairman David Sheepshanks to resign.
It is in this climate that the decisions of Sheepshanks and his board - and Royle - are currently being judged.
They need gates of around 23,000 to break even on the day-to-day running of the club, with a £1million windfall giving Royle the wherewithal to make radical - and much needed - changes to his squad.
At the end of the day the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. It could go one of four ways.
Bowditch stays and scores the goals to lift Ipswich back to success in the Premiership. He stays and fails to prosper with a free transfer in a few years time.
Bowditch goes and Ipswich get promoted on the back of much improved displays aided and abetted by two or three newcomers like West Ham's Carl Fletcher or Gavin Williams to the squad. He goes and becomes a star in the Premiership, with Ipswich taking two or three more years before getting themselves back on their feet.
Do you want Dean Bowditch to leave or stay at Portman Road?
LEAVE - Text LEAVE 81800
STAY - Text STAY 81800
All replied texts cost 25p max. Service provided by G8wave London N7.