Bowlers flood in for Felixstowe event
THE 72nd Felixstowe Open Bowling Tournament starts on Monday at the Felixstowe and Suffolk Bowling Club in St Edmunds Road. The two-week event, which has attracted nearly 500 bowlers from a wide area competing for over £2,500 in prize money, will be opened by the Suffolk (EBA) President Dennis Taylor.
THE 72nd Felixstowe Open Bowling Tournament starts on Monday at the Felixstowe and Suffolk Bowling Club in St Edmunds Road.
The two-week event, which has attracted nearly 500 bowlers from a wide area competing for over £2,500 in prize money, will be opened by the Suffolk (EBA) President Dennis Taylor.
The first week's competitions will then start with the ladies' singles,
followed by the mixed triples, which will be played at 6pm each evening during the week.
The ladies' pairs will start on Tuesday and the men's singles will commence on Wednesday. The finals of all the first week's events will be played on Saturday, July 27 followed by the presentation of trophies and prizes.
The second week commences on Monday, July 29, with the men's pairs followed by the men's triples starting on Wednesday.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Women suffers leg injuries after crash on village road outside Ipswich
- 9 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 10 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
Thursday sees the start of the new ladies/triples competition for which there has been good support with 26 entries. The final of second weeks' events will be played on Saturday August 3 followed by presentation of trophies and prizes.
The Felixstowe and Suffolk Bowling Club wish to thank SEH Windows and Doors Limited, the main sponsors, together with all the many other local businesses and organisations for their valued support of the tournament.
l Melton Bowls Club's Three Wood Triples Tournament, sponsored by New Greens' Coaches, was held at their green at Dock Lane, Melton on Saturday.
The event attracted 72 bowlers from a wide area of Suffolk. The final was contested by two triples that both included a husband and wife in the teams.
The winner was a triple from the host club – David Bull, Thelma and Honey Bales. They defeated Mary Ellingham, Carol and Roy Bartlett from the Ipswich Bowls Club seven shots to five in a closely contested final.
Section runners-up were the teams headed by Ken Frost and Bob East.