Bramford too strong for Stanton
SIL SOCCER: Stanton 1 Bramford 3. After a frantic first five minutes the first chance of the game saw Bramford's Ditcham drive into the chest of the Stanton keeper Mustoe.
Stanton 1 Bramford 3
AFTER a frantic first five minutes the first chance of the game saw Bramford's Ditcham drive into the chest of the Stanton keeper Mustoe.
A generous free kick allowed Stanton's Hazelton to fire a shot from distance which Leggett was equal to.
Stanton gifted the ball to Bramford which allowed Potter to convert with style after cutting inside the exposed Stanton defence.
You may also want to watch:
Bramford's Isodore broke the Stanton offside, but chipped wide when well placed. Minutes later, Mustoe saved P Hubbard after a weak backpass was intercepted by Bramford.
Tactical changes at half-time saw M Hazelton replace Miller and it wasn't long before his presence was felt by the Bramford defence.
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
Stanton pushed early but where hit on the counter by Isodore whose shot was deflected past Mustoe. As Stanton searched to get back in the game they were once more caught short on the counter and Bramford punished by going three up.
Stanton gave themselves some hope after a well placed M Hazelton cross found the head of Turner who scored with ease. Stanton were later reduced to ten men as M Hazelton was dismissed after a second caution.
Ten seconds before the final whistle the referee dismissed D Hazelton for encroaching.