Brantham suffer double red card blow
SOCCER: Brantham Athletic 1 Melton St Audry's 3: Brantham started brightly looking to take points from a team well above them in the Metaltec SIL Senior Division.
Brantham Athletic 1 Melton St Audry's 3
Brantham started brightly looking to take points from a team well above them in the Metaltec SIL Senior Division.
Both sides had chances early on but it was Melton who broke the deadlock after ten minutes when Melbourne crossed for unmarked Dunnett to head into the empty net.
Brantham should have been level a minute later when after some good work by Gorham, Rudge was put through but he shot wide.
You may also want to watch:
Melton operated a very effective off side trap which Brantham struggled to spring. Both sides again had chances but it was Melton who went further ahead on the half hour when a cross picked out Wheatley at the far post and his first time volley flew into the net.
A minute after the restart Melton went three up when Lennard was left unmarked to head home.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 7 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 8 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
Brantham pulled a goal back a few minutes later when the referee spotted a foul on Taylor in the area and gave a penalty.
Gorham saw his shot well saved by the Melton keeper but Taylor, who was following up, netted the rebound.
Brantham started to play some good football after this and Taylor should have made better use of a through ball but wasted the chance.
The same player was sent off a minute later and Brantham went down to nine men with ten minutes to go when Garcia was also sent off.