Bury left out in the cold
Jewson League: Ely City 3 Bury Town 0 - AFTER their Boxing Day shutdown, Bury got another frosty reception at Ely.Without the influence of the indisposed Stringfellow, the visitors struggled to find any sort of form against an eager home side, strongly led up front by the lively Egan.
Ely City 3 Bury Town 0
AFTER their Boxing Day shutdown, Bury got another frosty reception at Ely.
Without the influence of the indisposed Stringfellow, the visitors struggled to find any sort of form against an eager home side, strongly led up front by the lively Egan.
Given acres of space in midfield, Ely deserved to go in at half-time leading by more than a lone 42nd-minute goal.
The wily Eden delivered a free-kick into the path of former Bury skipper Wales who had no difficulty in prodding the Robins ahead from close range.
With the injured Callinan replaced at the interval by North, things got no better for an unbalanced Bury.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 4 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 5 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 6 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 7 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
Almost inevitably, Egan was allowed to run from midfield and Eden was on hand to stab home the partially parried cross on the hour.
With conditions underfoot deteriorating badly after sundown, the ball skidded past Bury's defence and Lippiatt profited from a two-on-one situation by slotting home Ely's third from an acute angle with 15 minutes remaining.