Call-off leaves the Witches waiting
IPSWICH Witches must wait until this Saturday before seeing if they qualify for the Craven Shield final.They should have been riding against Eastbourne and Wolverhampton at Arlington on Saturday, but the meeting was called off at 1pm.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Witches must wait until this Saturday before seeing if they qualify for the Craven Shield final.
They should have been riding against Eastbourne and Wolverhampton at Arlington on Saturday, but the meeting was called off at 1pm.
Ipswich, who have 83 points to Eastbourne's 76 and Wolverhampton's 56 after the opening two legs, look as though they will be able to have Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris as guests for Pepe Protasiewicz (in dispute with the club) and Chris Louis (injured) as Coventry have no meeting scheduled.
You may also want to watch:
The Premier League Fours event at Workington will rule out Daniel King and Steve Boxall.
An Eastbourne spokesman said on Saturday: “The track took quite a downpour last night, and combined with some showers this morning and many weather forecasts predicting light to heavy rain early evening till tomorrow morning, the club made the decision to call off the meeting early to save away teams and supporters travelling.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 9 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
The meeting was quickly re-staged for this Saturday.