Call-off leaves the Witches waiting
IPSWICH Witches must wait until this Saturday before seeing if they qualify for the Craven Shield final.They should have been riding against Eastbourne and Wolverhampton at Arlington on Saturday, but the meeting was called off at 1pm.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Witches must wait until this Saturday before seeing if they qualify for the Craven Shield final.
They should have been riding against Eastbourne and Wolverhampton at Arlington on Saturday, but the meeting was called off at 1pm.
Ipswich, who have 83 points to Eastbourne's 76 and Wolverhampton's 56 after the opening two legs, look as though they will be able to have Scott Nicholls and Chris Harris as guests for Pepe Protasiewicz (in dispute with the club) and Chris Louis (injured) as Coventry have no meeting scheduled.
The Premier League Fours event at Workington will rule out Daniel King and Steve Boxall.
An Eastbourne spokesman said on Saturday: “The track took quite a downpour last night, and combined with some showers this morning and many weather forecasts predicting light to heavy rain early evening till tomorrow morning, the club made the decision to call off the meeting early to save away teams and supporters travelling.”
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 8 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 9 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 10 35 more of Suffolk’s oldest surnames – is yours on the list?
The meeting was quickly re-staged for this Saturday.