Capel and Stanton play out draw
SIL SOCCER: Capel Plough 2 Stanton 2. This was a usual end-of-season game on a hard pitch with neither side needing the points.Add to this Stanton's upcoming Omnico Cup being more important to them and you had a dull first half with Capel doing all the attacking, but having relatively few chances.
Capel Plough 2 Stanton 2
This was a usual end-of-season game on a hard pitch with neither side needing the points.
Add to this Stanton's upcoming Omnico Cup being more important to them and you had a dull first half with Capel doing all the attacking, but having relatively few chances.
Tynan and Garwood went the closest to scoring, while Danny Hazelton for the visitors cut out most of their other attacks.
At half-time Stanton realised that even at half pace they might get something out of the game and they started the second half better, although it took a sharp shower to really galvanise both teams.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 10 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
The visitors took the lead when Ross shot speculatively from 25 yards and Ellers quickly adjusted himself to glance the ball over Bradshore.
Capel responded with Bucys going close before they equalised when a fine cross from Donovan was headed in by Collins.
Slightly against the run of play Capel took the lead with a fine goal from Bucys who picked the ball up twenty five yards out and curled a lovely shot just inside the far post beating Mustoe's desperate dive.
Stanton came back well with Lombardo getting a lot of joy down Capel's left-hand side and from one of these runs he earned a corner which led to a deserved equaliser when Bray bundled the ball in at the back post.