Chelsea and Rachel make national finals
TABLE TENNIS: Rachel Stevens, 14, and Chelsea Bennett, 12, competed in the Eastern Region Table Tennis Finals held at St Neots.In the Cadet competition for the Under-15 girls, Rachel finished in first place and Chelsea in second place.
RACHEL Stevens, 14, and Chelsea Bennett, 12, competed in the Eastern Region Table Tennis Finals held at St Neots.
In the Cadet competition for the Under-15 girls, Rachel finished in first place and Chelsea in second place.
Both girls dominated their games and then produced the game of the competition when they played each other for first place, with Rachel winning 3-1.
However, in the junior girls' U-18s competition, Chelsea got her revenge winning 3-1 to finish in third and fourth place.
As a result both girls have qualified for the national finals in both competitions to be held at Stratford in February.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 3 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 6 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed