Clements double ends poor run
Hockey: CHRISTCHURCH 3 HARWICH 1CHRISTCHURCH put the disappointments of the last few weeks behind them to take maximum points from this Premier Division fixture.
CHRISTCHURCH 3 HARWICH 1
CHRISTCHURCH put the disappointments of the last few weeks behind them to take maximum points from this Premier Division fixture.
The home team started brightly with Crissie Cresswell back for her first game of the season and Rachel Gilbert returning to the heart of the defence.
With the midfield dominant and full of running, manager Julie Button used her rolling
substitutions to perfection and ensured the forwards had plenty of ammunition.
Becky Gray capitalised on a cross from the left to give Christchuch the lead and a crashing shot from Debbie Clements, which took a deflection en route, extended it.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 4 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 5 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 6 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 7 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 8 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
Harwich pulled a goal back from a breakaway before half-time, but the home side restored their two-goal advantage after the break when Clements added her second soon after Sam Dean had rattled a Harwich post.