Club celebrates fantastic year
Teamipswich held its second annual colours meet at Crown Pools this weekend in celebration of a fantastic year for the club.In an outstanding 2006, teamipswich excelled on the county, regional and national stage, becoming champions at a number of events.
Teamipswich held its second annual colours meet at Crown Pools this weekend in celebration of a fantastic year for the club.
In an outstanding 2006, teamipswich excelled on the county, regional and national stage, becoming champions at a number of events. Their crowning glory came at the final of the London Speedo League last week through which, by becoming champions, they have qualified for next year's National Speedo League finals, which will be held in Sheffield in April.
And the future looks bright for the club too, with a thriving youth section clinching an impressive fourth place at the National Junior Speedo League Finals in Liverpool.
At the annual colours meet, swimmers were divided into two teams, one blue and one white, to compete against each other purely for fun. The blue team was captained by Sophie Poole and Andrew Bigley, while the white team were kept in order by William Boosey and Rebecca Reader.
You may also want to watch:
The white team were the eventual winners after some very close races between team-mates.
Head Coach Dave Champion said: “The meet is organised by Zoe Cray and is for the swimmers to celebrate the year that they have had. It's been so successful that next year the challenge will be to just try and match it.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea