Colchester United 1 Wycombe Wanderers 2, player reaction: ‘We should have had six or seven goals’ – Doug Loft
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Doug Loft insisted that Colchester United did not deserve to lose, after their 2-1 home league defeat to Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday, a result which leaves them down in 20th spot after nine games.
The injury-prone midfielder made a surprise return to the U’s starting line-up, after his most injury woes, and the 30-year-old looked assured in the middle of the park despite a tight hamstring.
“I thought we deserved something from the game,” insisted Loft.
“We had a lot of chances and their keeper (Scott Brown) was the probably the man-of-the-match.
“It was a good game for me to come back into, but it’s a shame we didn’t get the three points. I thought it was one of our better performances at home. We should have had six or seven goals, but their keeper was very good.
“But we will keep our heads up. We can take a lot from this, even though it was a loss,” added Loft. The U’s are away at Grimsby tomorrow.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 9 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 10 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley