Colchester United boss Joe Dunne nonplussed by so much injury-time at end of vital victory
Colchester United boss Joe Dunne was delighted with his team’s 2-1 home win over Coventry yesterday, but also nonplussed by referee Trevor Kettle’s decision to play five minutes of injury time at the end of the game.
The U’s boss remonstrated with the fourth official, about what he believed was an excessive amount of added time.
But his side still held on to secure all three points.
Dunne explained: “I can understand the subs (for added time), but when I was asked what it (the five minutes) was for, in a relaxed manner, I was told it was for time wasting.
“That’s neither here nor there, it doesn’t matter, but I think we have been punished a lot here.
“There seems to be an agenda about what is deemed to be time wasting, and what is not.
“He (the referee) told us to hurry up from a quick corner, and yet we had only just picked the ball up!
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 6 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 7 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 8 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 9 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 10 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
“Is it just us? Do I see it anyway else at other stadiums?
“I don’t see it against them (other home teams). But it’s immaterial. We have won the game and we all go home happy,” added Dunne.