Cooper's home comforts
COURSE knowledge may have played a part in Tim Cooper's victory in the Suffolk Winter Alliance meeting at Newton Green.The home professional had a round of two under par 67 to beat Fynn Valley rivals Paul Wilby and Simon Dainty by one shot.
COURSE knowledge may have played a part in Tim Cooper's victory in the Suffolk Winter Alliance meeting at Newton Green.
The home professional had a round of two under par 67 to beat Fynn Valley rivals Paul Wilby and Simon Dainty by one shot.
The team event was won by Kevin Earp of Bury Golf Range with Trevor Holley, Paul Presland and Darren Aldous who returned a 16- under-par score of 122.
Presland, a Stowmarket member, said: “We had a perfect game in the way that we all slotted in when needed.”
Six shots behind were Martin Wilson, Chris Leggett and Henry Hambling of Fynn Valley with Paul Boswell of Felixstowe Ferry. They were runners-up on countback from a Stoke by Nayland team comprising of John Williams, Graham Vandervord, Keith Smales and John Smith.
The next Suffolk Alliance meeting will be at Seckford on December 10 followed by one at Stoke by Nayland on December 17.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 8 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 9 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 10 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
The first event of the new year will be the rearranged meeting at Halesworth on Wednesday, January 17. Membership of the Alliance costs £10. Contact secretary Philip Segger on 01473 727525 for details.
Professional scores at Newton Green:
67: Tim Cooper (Newton Green).
68: Simon Dainty (Fynn Valley), Paul Wilby (Fynn Valley).
70: Kevin Earp (Bury Golf Range) and Danny Barton (Fynn Valley).
73: Kieran Canham (Bury St Edmunds), Tony Dobson (Stonham Barns), Andrew Tokley (Stoke by Nayland), Simon Jay (Seckford).
78: Steven Moye (Haverhill).
122: K Earp (Bury Golf Range), T Holley, P Presland (both Stowmarket), D Aldous (Stoke by Nayland).
128: M Wilson, H Hambling, C Leggett (all Fynn Valley), P Boswell (Felixstowe Ferry); J Williams, G Vandervord, K Smales, J Smith (all Stoke by Nayland).
130: R Toone, D Pearl, B Thomson, P Wilby.
131: O Rush, S Wordley, C Bloom, P Philpott.
132: T Cooper, A Roper, P Wordley, H Wordley; S Dainty, S Creasey, F Looman, J Loshak; S Jay, L Isherwood, S Double, G Cook; S Payne, S Richal, K Keeble, T Knights.
133: T Everett, T Lunness, E Simpson, K Canham; J Mackrell, D Leeder, A Mitson, K Halil; A Tokley, R Tokley, R Chalmers, S Buxton.
134: J Markham, C George, D Daniels, P Davey; D Barton, J Whiting, J Abbott, N Denny.
136: T Dobson, B Darling, L Emmerson, K Rooney.
139: D Poulton, M Rayner, J Wilding, K Ward.
140: T Fairhead, D Galloway, J Walker, J Rennie.
141: D Markham, S Ferrell, G Markham, G Whiting; G Hurren, T Goodwin, P Wallace, T Paine; S Moye, C Briggs, E Bareham, E Kiddle.
143: A Richardson, B Smy, M Barlowe, M Waite; R Holmes, P Jiggens, J Partridge, J Gough.