Crane Sports make it 22 wins in a row
- Credit: Archant
Touchline SIL round-up
Capel Plough 0
Ipswich Valley Rangers 3
The home side suffered their first defeat in six games against a visiting side whose front two of Blades and Bruce gave the home team a tough time.
You may also want to watch:
Bruce scored twice and Blades once as IVR romped to a convincing victory.
Wenhaston United 1
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
Crane Sports 3
League champions Cranes made it 22 league wins in succession with this victory over a Wenhaston side, who could have got something from the game had they been able to convert their chances at key moments.
Tye Webb gave Cranes the lead before Wenhaston hit back through top scorer Pat Summerfield.
But second-half goals from Mark Roper and Nathan Woolard saw Cranes end victorious, despite the hosts missing key chances through Craig Stammers and Summerfield.
Westerfield United 3
Wickham Market 2
A five-goal thriller saw Westerfield come out on top against Wickham Market.
It was the visitors’ Dan Hemmingsmith who opened the scoring, before Westerfield turned the scoreline on its head thanks to two goals in three minutes from Dave Bowman and Chris Eley.
Matty Baker drew Wickham level, but Dan Brkovic struck a decisive 69th-minute winner.