Crane triumphant in veterans' tournament
IPSWICH side Crane have been crowned champions of the annual Felixstowe Hockey Club veterans grass hockey tournament.Held at Dellwood Avenue, this year was the first time the competition was played in a seven-a-side format.
IPSWICH side Crane have been crowned champions of the annual Felixstowe Hockey Club veterans grass hockey tournament.
Held at Dellwood Avenue, this year was the first time the competition was played in a seven-a-side format.
Played in a mini league group system, clubs from all over the region as well as a visiting side from Belgium took part.
Having lost their first game, Crane had gone into their final qualifier needing to win 4-0 to reach the final on goal difference.
In a close fought final Crane won the trophy fielding a team chosen from their two Division North East league squads.
The exciting final saw Crane run out 2-1 winners over Felixstowe All Stars.
- 1 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 4 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 5 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 6 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 7 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 10 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
This is the third time in the last four years that Crane have won the event, having been defeated finalists in 2006.