Crane triumphant in veterans' tournament
IPSWICH side Crane have been crowned champions of the annual Felixstowe Hockey Club veterans grass hockey tournament.Held at Dellwood Avenue, this year was the first time the competition was played in a seven-a-side format.
IPSWICH side Crane have been crowned champions of the annual Felixstowe Hockey Club veterans grass hockey tournament.
Held at Dellwood Avenue, this year was the first time the competition was played in a seven-a-side format.
Played in a mini league group system, clubs from all over the region as well as a visiting side from Belgium took part.
Having lost their first game, Crane had gone into their final qualifier needing to win 4-0 to reach the final on goal difference.
You may also want to watch:
In a close fought final Crane won the trophy fielding a team chosen from their two Division North East league squads.
The exciting final saw Crane run out 2-1 winners over Felixstowe All Stars.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
This is the third time in the last four years that Crane have won the event, having been defeated finalists in 2006.