Cruiser top prize in golf contest
A 26ft Doral Monticello luxury cruiser is the amazing prize for a hole-in-one at the Commercialbank Qatar Masters at Doha between January 25 and 28.The £75,000 craft will go to the first player to hole his tee shot at the 156-yard 17th hole.
A 26ft Doral Monticello luxury cruiser is the amazing prize for a hole-in-one at the Commercialbank Qatar Masters at Doha between January 25 and 28.
The £75,000 craft will go to the first player to hole his tee shot at the 156-yard 17th hole. It will be floating in the middle of the lake in view of the hole and has been provided by Alfardan Marine.
This European Tour event has already attracted such big names as Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Sergio Garcia, Darren Clarke and Lee Westwood.
In the meantime Seve Benson, the 20-year-old from Surrey now in the EGU Elite squad, won the 36-hole Qatar Open Amateur Championship on the same course. He finished one under par with a shot in hand over Gary King, also of Surrey, who is a member of the EGU Under-18 squad, which also includes Liam Brace of Stoke by Nayland.
Benson's victory has earned him a place in the Qatar Masters although he would not be able to win the yacht without losing his amateur status.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested