Currie may return for Town
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton has revealed that Darren Currie is in his thoughts to face Leicester City at Portman Road tomorrow.The 32-year-old midfielder has made just two substitute appearances in the last 23 Town games and spent several weeks on loan at Coventry City.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Town manager Jim Magilton has revealed that Darren Currie is in his thoughts to face Leicester City at Portman Road tomorrow.
The 32-year-old midfielder has made just two substitute appearances in the last 23 Town games and spent several weeks on loan at Coventry City.
He was tipped to join the Sky Blues full time, but has been back training with Ipswich since the New Year.
“Darren looked very good in a reserve match at Southend this week and he will be in tomorrow's squad,” said Town manager Magilton.
“He is part of our squad and will be used accordingly.”
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 3 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 4 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 5 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 6 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 7 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 9 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
- 10 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
Midfielder Gavin Williams is out with a pelvic problem and had undergone scans. Central defender Richard Naylor is a doubt with a bruised toe and midfielder Owen Garvan trained for the first time this week yesterday, but was still feeling a twinge in his knee.
Defender Fabian Wilnis has recovered from a leg knock sustained at Crystal Palace last Saturday, but striker Alan Lee and midfielder Gary Roberts are both suspended.
Goalkeeper Lewis Price has trained all week after being sent home from the Welsh squad because of a thigh problem. He will play.