Danny's sights on new target
SOCCER: While Matt Bloomfield is celebrating his call-up to the England Under-19 squad for their game against Germany at Portman Road on Thursday, February 14, his elder brother Danny is also enjoying success.
WHILE Matt Bloomfield is celebrating his call-up to the England Under-19 squad for their game against Germany at Portman Road on Thursday, February 14, his elder brother Danny is also enjoying success.
The Trimley-based striker scored seven goals in ten matches while on loan at Dr Martens League King's Lynn.
The 2-0 FA Umbro Trophy third round defeat at Morecambe earlier this month was the 19-year-old's final game for the Linnets. He picked up an injury and is still not fully fit.
Bloomfield, who played for Felixstowe and Walton United in the Jewson League before joining Norwich City in the autumn of 2000, has a contract at Carrow Road that expires this summer.
You may also want to watch:
"I have had a chat with Norwich manager Nigel Worthington and other coaches and it is best to try to get a league club interested in taking me on loan," said Bloomfield.
Matt is at the Ipswich Town Academy and a regular in Dale Roberts' reserve squad. He captained Town to a 3-1 victory over Coventry in the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup on Monday.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
Danny went on: "I hope manager Nigel Worthington will be pleased with what I have achieved at Lynn and perhaps now the time is right to try the next level up. Hopefully I can then get another contract at Norwich."
Lynn manager Tony Spearing had nothing but praise for Bloomfield's efforts. He said: "I am gutted that Danny is leaving us. He has been absolutely magnificent and done more than we could have expected."