Darren: It's your turn, Pablo
DARREN Bent will be walking on air for Ipswich Town tomorrow.The 19-year-old England Under-21 striker goes into the Blues' home game with Wimbledon at Portman Road with a "massive weight" off his shoulders.
DARREN Bent will be walking on air for Ipswich Town tomorrow.
The 19-year-old England Under-21 striker goes into the Blues' home game with Wimbledon at Portman Road with a "massive weight" off his shoulders.
The teenage front man, who scored 18 goals last season, got off the mark for the new campaign with the second-half winner as Town notched their first league win of the season at home to Walsall on Tuesday night.
Now Bent is ready to do it again against rock bottom Wimbledon and he believes fellow hitman Pablo Counago can soon end his own goal drought.
You may also want to watch:
See tonight's Evening Star for full story
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 9 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 10 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am