Davis set to sign
IPSWICH keeper Kelvin Davis is finally on the brink of signing for Sunderland.Davis, 28, is at the Stadium of Light today to undergo a medical as the Black Cats look to push through a double deal.
By Mel Henderson
IPSWICH keeper Kelvin Davis is finally on the brink of signing for Sunderland.
Davis, 28, is at the Stadium of Light today to undergo a medical as the Black Cats look to push through a double deal.
All being well, they are set to unveil Davis and Blackburn striker Jon Stead as boss Mick McCarthy continues to reinforce his promotion-winning squad.
Davis has taken almost a fortnight, since initially discussing a deal with McCarthy, to confirm the £1.25million move.
Now Portman Road boss Joe Royle, who has been promised a slice of the Davis fee to spend on new signings, will be able to press ahead with his own plans.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 7 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 10 Person dies in Ipswich house fire