Deano undergoes operation on groin
DEAN Bowditch has been forced to undergo an operation to try and rectify a long-standing groin problem.The Ipswich Town striker had hoped to avoid surgery after visiting Danish specialist Per Holmich in Copenhagen but has now been operated on.
By Derek Davis
DEAN Bowditch has been forced to undergo an operation to try and rectify a long-standing groin problem.
The Ipswich Town striker had hoped to avoid surgery after visiting Danish specialist Per Holmich in Copenhagen but has now been operated on.
Bowditch, who turned 21 earlier this month, is hoping he can join in some pre-season training but is unlikely to be involved in any of Town's friendlies, which now look likely to include a game in Belgium against Royal Antwerp in late July.
Town physio Matt Byard told the club website: “It was felt that an operation was required to best aid Dean's recovery. The surgery went well and we are very optimistic about a good recovery.
“Dean has been working on a strengthening programme through the summer and we have been monitoring his progress on a daily basis.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 10 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
“The work he has already done will help his progress post surgery. He will now have two weeks' complete rest and then begin his rehab and be back in full activity as soon as possible.”
Bowditch spent part of last season on loan at Brighton where former Town striker Nicky Forster has just joined on a three-year deal following a £75,000 switch from Hull City, who bought him from Town for £150,000 last August.