Dodd is beaten in second round
FORMER Suffolk and Bury St Edmunds golfer Lawrence Dodd, now a professional playing out of Thetford, reached the second round in the Sunningdale Foursomes.
By Tony Garnett
FORMER Suffolk and Bury St Edmunds player Lawrence Dodd, now a professional playing out of Thetford, reached the second round in the Sunningdale Foursomes.
He and Gareth Edwards of Donnington Valley beat D Corsby and C Dean of Fleetwood 3 and 1 in the first round, but went out to Sunningdale amateurs E Hodgson and H Pakenham 5 and 4 at the second stage.
There were first round defeats for Simon Harrison (Thorpeness) and Kevin Earp (Bury Golf Range) who went down 3 and 2 to A Inglis (Sunningdale Artisans) and B Monks (St George's Hill).
You may also want to watch:
Keith Preston of Aldeburgh and Robert Joyce of West Essex, giving six shots, lost to Sarah Tyson (London Club) and Nick Pateman of Porters Park. Simon Reeve (Aldeburgh) and J Seabrook of Sunningdale went down to Bill Longmuir and T Crawley of the London Club.
Vanessa Bell (Ipswich) and John Morgan (Clevedon) found the cold and windy spell in marked contrast to the heat in South Africa and they lost to D Craik and A Walton of Frilford Heath.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again