Everything to play for
IPSWICH East Suffolk face a make-or-break weekend in their bid to avoid relegation.Tomorrow they take on Colchester at Tuddenham Road and the following day again travel to Bedford to play the match that last week lasted just 105 seconds before being abandoned due to high winds.
IPSWICH East Suffolk face a make-or-break weekend in their bid to avoid relegation.
Tomorrow they take on Colchester at Tuddenham Road and the following day again travel to Bedford to play the match that last week lasted just 105 seconds before being abandoned due to high winds.
Bedford are the side they must overtake to stand a chance of staying in Premier Division A of the Printwize East League but defeat there would almost certainly seal their fate with one game to go.
Goals from Peter Blake, Gavin Cole and Rob Boulter gave the seconds a 3-0 success over Peterborough Athletic and they will fancy their chances at Bedford seconds.
Ian Harris scored the goal that earned the thirds a 1-1 draw with Colchester seconds but their captain, Richard Adams, misses the final game tomorrow against Crane at Holbrook.
Tim Fletcher scored the fourth team's only goal in a 2-1 defeat by Saffron Walden thirds and they will be hoping to round things off with a victory at Copleston against Redbridge and Ilford thirds.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 8 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 West Suffolk road partially blocked as Mercedes ends up on roof after crash
The fifths have a friendly at Norwich City sixths while the already-promoted sixth team finish their league season at home to University of Essex seconds.