Ex-Rovers man Croft aggravated by injury
TOWN'S ex-Blackburn defender Gary Croft said: "I've become a virtual spectator at Portman Road."The 27-year-old, signed from Rovers for £800,000 two years ago, had a summer groin operation and is now sidelined with a back injury.
TOWN'S ex-Blackburn defender Gary Croft said: "I've become a virtual spectator at Portman Road."
The 27-year-old, signed from Rovers for £800,000 two years ago, had a summer groin operation and is now sidelined with a back injury.
"It would have been so special to be involved against Rovers as I have so many friends there," said Croft. "But it is not to be and you just have to accept it."
Gary Flitcroft, Damien Duff and Matt Jensen are three of his best mates at Ewood Park.
You may also want to watch:
"Rovers are a good club with many good players. They have the foundations of a successful side. They have a sound defence and won't concede many goals," said Croft.
The former England Under-21 man, once a £1.7 million Rovers buy from Grimsby, returned to Town action last week in the reserves after his groin surgery.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
But towards the end of the first half at home to Fulham he came off with a back problem.
Croft said: "I set off on a run and felt pain down my left buttock to my hamstring. I've never had a back problem before. It's so frustrating.
"I think I came back too soon really. I was trying to protect my groin a bit and put too much pressure on my back. I wish I'd left it another week or so."