Ex-Rovers man Croft aggravated by injury
TOWN'S ex-Blackburn defender Gary Croft said: "I've become a virtual spectator at Portman Road."The 27-year-old, signed from Rovers for £800,000 two years ago, had a summer groin operation and is now sidelined with a back injury.
TOWN'S ex-Blackburn defender Gary Croft said: "I've become a virtual spectator at Portman Road."
The 27-year-old, signed from Rovers for £800,000 two years ago, had a summer groin operation and is now sidelined with a back injury.
"It would have been so special to be involved against Rovers as I have so many friends there," said Croft. "But it is not to be and you just have to accept it."
Gary Flitcroft, Damien Duff and Matt Jensen are three of his best mates at Ewood Park.
"Rovers are a good club with many good players. They have the foundations of a successful side. They have a sound defence and won't concede many goals," said Croft.
The former England Under-21 man, once a £1.7 million Rovers buy from Grimsby, returned to Town action last week in the reserves after his groin surgery.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Tributes paid to Ipswich man who could 'make magic happen'
- 3 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 4 Investigations ongoing into 'inter-gang disputes' in town
- 5 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 8 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 9 Meeting to discuss traffic calming measures after community concerns
- 10 New details of plans to convert Ipswich church into music venue revealed
But towards the end of the first half at home to Fulham he came off with a back problem.
Croft said: "I set off on a run and felt pain down my left buttock to my hamstring. I've never had a back problem before. It's so frustrating.
"I think I came back too soon really. I was trying to protect my groin a bit and put too much pressure on my back. I wish I'd left it another week or so."