Ex-Town starlet in cancer battle
FORMER Ipswich Town player Jimmy King is fighting cancer.King, 40, has been diagnosed as suffering from Hodgkin's lymphoma and this week embarked on a course of treatment that is likely to last a year.
By Mel Henderson
FORMER Ipswich Town player Jimmy King is fighting cancer.
King, 40, has been diagnosed as suffering from Hodgkin's lymphoma and this week embarked on a course of treatment that is likely to last a year.
The disease attacks the body's immune system, but doctors have told him he has a good chance of making a full recovery.
See tonight's Evening Star for full story
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 6 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 7 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 8 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 9 Three-home development for former Thornbank care home
- 10 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on