Felixstowe CC short of players
CRICKET: Felixstowe cricket club, relegated from the First Division of the Two Counties Championship last year, have lost the bulk of their team. Steve Bloomfield is the new captain and he is hoping that some new players can be attracted before the start of the 2002 season.
FELIXSTOWE cricket club, relegated from the First Division of the Two Counties Championship last year, have lost the bulk of their team.
Steve Bloomfield is the new captain and he is hoping that some new players can be attracted before the start of the 2002 season.
Last year's skipper John Garnham has moved to Wivenhoe with Mark Tasker, South African Jacques Oberhauser has joined Clacton, Ian Connell has switched to Tattingstone and Keith Wright is to play for St Margarets.
"The departures have left a big hole," said Bloomfield. "The First Division proved too big a step-up last year and a number of players lost confidence.
"Some of the youngsters were not ready and it was not a lot of fun when we were losing every week."
Felixstowe begin pre-season nets this Friday (MARCH 22) at Brackenbury Sports Centre at 8.pm and this carries on for the next six weeks. New players will be made welcome, or telephone Bloomfield on 07976 789397 for more details.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 9 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
- 10 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order