Felixstowe happy to share honours
FELIXSTOWE Swimming Club sent a team to Leiston on Saturday evening to take part in the second round of the Winter League.The four teams taking part were Leiston, Halstead, Saxons and Felixstowe.
FELIXSTOWE Swimming Club sent a team to Leiston on Saturday evening to take part in the second round of the Winter League.
The four teams taking part were Leiston, Halstead, Saxons and Felixstowe. Having come first in the opening round of the league, the Felixstowe team was hopeful for a good result this time.
The swimmers got off to a great start, with four first places achieved by event six. The boys' team was depleted due to illness, yet James Taylor, Andrew Wills, Matt Boreham, Tobie Salter and Sam Fowler put in fantastic swims to earn the team many points and, for some, county qualifying times.
The girls were enjoying an equal amount of success as time and again Felixstowe took first position.
Charlotte Munn, Sophie Gibbings, Sophie Franks and Sam Green gave their usual strong performances, while Jenna Walker, Alice Boreham, Rachel Wills, Jess Smith, Danni Chambers and Donna Clark proved to be a winning combination in both the relays and individuals.
Congratulations in particular go to Jess Smith for winning her 100m fly and to Andrew Wills for winning the 100m breaststroke; both had the joker played on them.
- 1 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 2 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 3 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 4 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 5 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
- 6 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 7 Couple get engaged after abseiling down Ipswich Hospital block
- 8 Mobile phone and laptop stolen in spate of thefts from cars near Ipswich
- 9 Investigation ongoing after huge blaze rips through land near Ipswich
- 10 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
Overall, Felixstowe came joint first with Leiston, a result that was well deserved for both teams.
The girls' team came first with 107 points and the boys came second with 101 points.
Team manager Emma Franks said: “A big thank you goes to our supportive parents, grandparents and officials, it was well worth the effort.”
Felixstowe now look forward to the third and final round.