Felixstowe happy to share honours
FELIXSTOWE Swimming Club sent a team to Leiston on Saturday evening to take part in the second round of the Winter League.The four teams taking part were Leiston, Halstead, Saxons and Felixstowe.
FELIXSTOWE Swimming Club sent a team to Leiston on Saturday evening to take part in the second round of the Winter League.
The four teams taking part were Leiston, Halstead, Saxons and Felixstowe. Having come first in the opening round of the league, the Felixstowe team was hopeful for a good result this time.
The swimmers got off to a great start, with four first places achieved by event six. The boys' team was depleted due to illness, yet James Taylor, Andrew Wills, Matt Boreham, Tobie Salter and Sam Fowler put in fantastic swims to earn the team many points and, for some, county qualifying times.
The girls were enjoying an equal amount of success as time and again Felixstowe took first position.
You may also want to watch:
Charlotte Munn, Sophie Gibbings, Sophie Franks and Sam Green gave their usual strong performances, while Jenna Walker, Alice Boreham, Rachel Wills, Jess Smith, Danni Chambers and Donna Clark proved to be a winning combination in both the relays and individuals.
Congratulations in particular go to Jess Smith for winning her 100m fly and to Andrew Wills for winning the 100m breaststroke; both had the joker played on them.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Overall, Felixstowe came joint first with Leiston, a result that was well deserved for both teams.
The girls' team came first with 107 points and the boys came second with 101 points.
Team manager Emma Franks said: “A big thank you goes to our supportive parents, grandparents and officials, it was well worth the effort.”
Felixstowe now look forward to the third and final round.