Felixstowe: Resort gears up for arrival of national Women’s Tour race
- Credit: PA
Two Ipswich sporting heroes will be taking centre stage at an event to help promote and celebrate Felixstowe’s involvement in the first ever Women’s Tour national cycling race.
Louise Jukes and Jasmin Taylor will be joined by Helen Wyman for the special “Evening with ...” event on Tuesday, April 29 at The Alex in Undercliff Road West, Felixstowe, as the trio tell their inspiring stories and answer questions from the audience.
Louise represented Great Britain in handball at the 2012 Olympics and was instrumental in the setting up of Ipswich Handball Club, while Jasmin represents Britain in Telemark Skiing, is currently ranked number one for Great Britain and seventh in the world, and is the 2014 British Champion.
Helen Wyman is a two-time European and eight-time British cyclo-cross champion and will be participating in the Women’s Tour, which comes to Felixstowe for the start of stage three on May 9.
Tickets for the “Evening with ...” can be booked at The Alex on 01394 288002. There will be a raffle on the night with prizes including places at the VIP tour breakfast at Felixstowe, places in the tour convoy, and a tour of the National Cycling Centre
You may also want to watch:
Excitement is gearing up at Felixstowe, which on the stage day will also host a King and Queen of the Hill beat the incline event, and a Women in Sport Festival, with fun events for children of all ages across a wide range of sports.
World and Olympic Champion Marianne Vos will be taking part in the race, as will be world number one Emma Johansson and current leader of the UCI World Cup and British Champion Lizzie Armitstead.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 8 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 9 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
Friends Life has been announced as the title sponsor of the race.
Hugh Roberts, chief executive of organisers SweetSpot said: “Securing the support of such an established blue chip organisation, will raise the profile of not only women’s cycling but women’s sport in general.”