Felixstowe United fury at decision
FELIXSTOWE United are to do everything in their power to avoid having to 'replay' their Metaltec SIL Senior Division game against East Bergholt.A management committee meeting of the SIL has decided that the game should be re-staged next April.
FELIXSTOWE United are to do everything in their power to avoid having to 'replay' their Metaltec SIL Senior Division game against East Bergholt.
A management committee meeting of the SIL has decided that the game should be re-staged next April.
“If necessary we will take the matter all the way to the Football Association headquarters in Soho Square,” insisted Felixstowe manager Andy Clarke today.
There was less than two minutes to play on November 26 when Bergholt player Jamie Willsher suffered a serious knee injury.
Felixstowe were leading 2-1 and referee Ian Smillie had little option than to call a halt after the player was kept still until an ambulance arrived.
Felixstowe are not the only club up in arms, as Bergholt's rivals for the championship are also unhappy they have been given a chance to gain three points from a match that they were almost certainly going to lose.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 4 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 7 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 8 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 9 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 10 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
See tonight's Star for full story