Felixstowe United fury at decision
FELIXSTOWE United are to do everything in their power to avoid having to 'replay' their Metaltec SIL Senior Division game against East Bergholt.A management committee meeting of the SIL has decided that the game should be re-staged next April.
FELIXSTOWE United are to do everything in their power to avoid having to 'replay' their Metaltec SIL Senior Division game against East Bergholt.
A management committee meeting of the SIL has decided that the game should be re-staged next April.
“If necessary we will take the matter all the way to the Football Association headquarters in Soho Square,” insisted Felixstowe manager Andy Clarke today.
There was less than two minutes to play on November 26 when Bergholt player Jamie Willsher suffered a serious knee injury.
You may also want to watch:
Felixstowe were leading 2-1 and referee Ian Smillie had little option than to call a halt after the player was kept still until an ambulance arrived.
Felixstowe are not the only club up in arms, as Bergholt's rivals for the championship are also unhappy they have been given a chance to gain three points from a match that they were almost certainly going to lose.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
See tonight's Star for full story