Fuller's brace is tonic for Adams
SOCCER: Great Yarmouth 0 Felixstowe & Walton 2. Boosted by the midweek win at home to Tiptree, manager Paul Adams was looking for his side to reproduce the same energy and work rate at the Wellesley on Saturday and he was not left disappointed this time with two goals in two minutes late in the game securing three vital points against fellow strugglers Yarmouth.
Great Yarmouth 0 Felixstowe & Walton 2
BOOSTED by the midweek win at home to Tiptree, manager Paul Adams was looking for his side to reproduce the same energy and work rate at the Wellesley on Saturday and he was not left disappointed this time with two goals in two minutes late in the game securing three vital points against fellow strugglers Yarmouth.
The home side had the best of a goal-less first half in terms of possession but found the Seasiders defence in an uncompromising mood restricting them to mainly long range efforts.
Despite being on the back foot for most of the first period it was the visitors who almost opened the scoring when Winship made ground before linking with Sadler to set up Fuller who saw his shot parried by Banham but McCormack's powerful volley, as he pounced on the loose ball, cannoned off the post to safety.
You may also want to watch:
At the other end Charters denied Pillar with a full length save and Lawrence also hit the woodwork with George firing the rebound wide.
After the break Felixstowe & Walton slowly gained control and the goal that looked inevitable finally came in the 81st min when Fuller collected the hard working Deasy's cross a drove a low shot past Banham and two minutes later Deasy was again the provider for Fuller to sweep the ball past Banham to secure the points for the visitors and move them further away from the danger zone at the foot of the table.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 10 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing