Gold success in Olympics
BRITAIN struck gold in Beijing today as Rebbecca Adlington won her second medal in the pool and the coxless four rowing team also came first.This was followed by double gold for cyclists Bradley Wiggins and Chris Hoy in the velodrome.
BRITAIN struck gold in Beijing today as Rebbecca Adlington won her second medal in the pool and the coxless four rowing team also came first.
Later two more golds came at the velodrome as both Bradley Wiggins and Chris Hoy came first in their respective races.
There was also a silver and a bronze for Ross Edgar and Steven Burke in those races while Chris Newton won bronze in the points race.
And at least one further gold is guaranteed for team GB because tomorrow's cycling women's individual pursuit will be between Rebecca Romero and Wendy Houvenhagel.
Hopes of yachting golds were dashed today . . . but only for 24 hours!
The Olympic regatta was becalmed and the yachtsmen and women will take part in final races tomorrow.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
Britain also won two bronzes today in the rowing regatta.