Grundisburgh move top of SIL table
SOCCER: Bramford Utd 1 Grundisburgh 3. WITH Walsham without a match Grundisburgh moved to the top of the Senior Division with a victory that they were made to work hard for by a battling Bramford.
Bramford Utd 1 Grundisburgh 3
WITH Walsham without a match Grundisburgh moved to the top of the Senior Division with a victory that they were made to work hard for by a battling Bramford.
Bullock had an outstanding game for a depleted Grundisburgh and he set his team on the way with a 12th minute goal when he tapped in from close-range after a Cotton free-kick.
Bramford threatened with Taylor and Isidore up front but too often passes to them were overhit. Grundisburgh's second goal, five minutes before the break, was created from a slick movement down the left with Winship slotting the ball past keeper Leggatt.
In the second-half play was more end-to-end. Brightey in the visitors goal had to make a brilliant save to keep out an Isidore header and from the following corner the ball was cleared off the goal line.
There was some confusion about Grundisburgh's third goal. One of the assistant referees was flagging for an infringement and with the Bramford players frantically appealing the decision never came so Beaumont nipped in to score.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 4 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 5 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 6 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
Moments later Bramford were awarded a penalty when Isidore was brought down. Taylor missed a great chance to give his side a lifeline but his spot-kick was saved by Brighty.
Crane missed a couple of good chances for Grundisburgh but Bramford did eventually score when Ditcham ran onto a Potter pass to place his shot wide of the keeper.