Guy on target but U's are beaten again
West Brom 2 Colchester 1JAMIE Guy scored his first ever senior goal, but it wasn't enough to prevent Colchester United from sliding to another defeat in the Championship.
By Carl Marston
West Brom 2 Colchester 1
JAMIE Guy scored his first ever senior goal, but it wasn't enough to prevent Colchester United from sliding to another defeat in the Championship.
Hosts West Brom were in complete control in a one-sided first-half, and they were good value for their two-goal lead. Nathan Ellington stroked home a 10th minute penalty, and Ronnie Wallwork drilled home a second in the 41st minute.
The Baggies looked on course for a big victory, but Geraint Williams' men improved beyond recognition after the break.
Guy appeared as an 82nd minute substitute, and he halved the deficit just a few seconds later. The teenage striker pounced onto Kevin Watson's cross to smash home a glorious shot from eight yards out.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
However, the U's could not conjure up an equaliser during the closing minutes, and so have now lost their first four matches in the Championship, three of them by a 2-1 scoreline.