Halford's on his bike
COLCHESTER United star Greg Halford is set to join Premiership side Reading.The EADT understands the move was being finalised this afternoon and could be concluded later today.
COLCHESTER United star Greg Halford is set to join Premiership side Reading.
The EADT understands the move was being finalised this afternoon and could be concluded later today.
It is believed that Halford will not be in the U's squad for tonight's Coca-Cola Championship match against Preston at Layer Road.
The transfer fee is not known for the utility player who has been used as a right back this season.
You may also want to watch:
Colchester have turned down bids in excess of £1m for Halford in the past with a posse of clubs keeping tabs on his progress including Sheffield United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.
The U's record transfer fee received is the £2.25m received for Lomana Lua Lua from Newcastle United in September 2000.
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads