Harriers expecting defeat
KIDDERMINSTER boss Ian Britton does not expect his minnows to pull off a Carling Cup shock against Ipswich Town at Portman Road tonight.But Britton's Third Division side will be giving their all in the first round tie.
By Dave Allard
KIDDERMINSTER boss Ian Britton does not expect his minnows to pull off a Carling Cup shock against Ipswich Town at Portman Road tonight.
But Britton's Third Division side will be giving their all in the first round tie. And the Harriers boss said: "You never know. They may be on an off day."
Joe Royle's First Division Blues are making changes to their starting line-up. But they will not be underestimating the men from the Aggborough Stadium.
Britton said: "We are not expected to win but we will be looking to give Ipswich something to think about. As long as we come away with our heads held high then I'll be happy."
Full story in tonight's Star
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 7 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 8 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 9 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 10 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing