Harwich and Diss share the spoils
SOCCER: Harwich 1 Diss 1. Harwich manager Andy Clark will look upon this as two points lost rather than one gained while, for Diss, their first point away from home this season will be something of a boost.
Harwich 1 Diss 1
Harwich manager Andy Clark will look upon this as two points lost rather than one gained while, for Diss, their first point away from home this season will be something of a boost.
Both sides had chances in an even first half. Diss keeper Bond did well to deny Carmichael and pulled off a great one-handed save from a Tom English effort.
The early stages of the second half saw the home side on the attack and they were rewarded on the hour. A slide-rule pass from the impressive Gareth Heath picked out Matt Carmichael who rounded Bond to slot home.
The visitors responded well and Harwich owed much to the reflexes of keeper Tanner who blocked a succession of Diss efforts in a goalmouth scramble.
There was little that the young Harwich keeper could do, however, to prevent the visitors from equalising three minutes from the end.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
Diss substitute Gareth Simpson gained possession on the right and sent in a swerving shot that nestled in the bottom corner of the net.