Hockey delight for Framlingham College teams
- Credit: Archant
Framlingham College 1st XI and under-14ss won the East of England Championships last week in a day that was full of superb hockey.
The best four teams in the east for both age groups battled it out in a round-robin tournament, with the winners assured of a place in the national finals to be hosted at the Olympic Hockey Stadium, in the new year.
The under-14s began their winning campaign, defeating Norwich in a very close match with two goals from Lottie Summers.
Eve Goodman and Liberty Salsby scored the goals in the second match with a comeback draw against Sevenoaks School.
The final match against Felsted was a 2-1 win victory, with the goals coming from Rose Winter and India Ball.
The whole squad played their part and a special mention must go to Martha Lawrence who was superb all day.
The drama continued with the 1st XI with a well deserved 1-0 win against Coopers, they faced Norwich School in the second match.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into
Due to superb goalkeeping from Bukky Jimoh-Ibrahim, the match finished a surprising 0-0.
The final game against Queenswood guaranteed the championship with Hannah Pearce, Saffron Wilford and Hattie Sunderland scoring the goals in a 3-1 victory.
Framlingham College’s Director of Sport, Mr Simon Sinclair said, “This was a remarkable day for the girls.
“They had to dig deep and showed great character in all of the games.
“Credit must go to Head of Hockey Jamie Kingstone and Jon Slay who have prepared the girls extremely well.
“The parents were fantastic with their support throughout.
“The girls can be very proud of being the champions of the east and can look forward to the National Championships at the Olympic Stadium in the new year.”